Looking to hire an electrician for your residence or business? Here are five key things to know before engaging them for your project.
1. Is the electrical company responsive? When it comes to securing an electrician for a key project, whether it be for a home emergency or a standard business operation, the last thing you need is to be passed along through a series of voice prompts. This can often result in leaving a message in someone’s voice mail box. The message may not be returned until later in the day, later in the week or sometimes not at all. Instead look for a company that has real people standing by that answer the phone. They should be able to help you immediately and provide an electrician as quickly as possible. The better firms even provide access to technicians on weekends.
2. Does the company provide professionally trained technicians? When it comes to providing important electrical services for your home or business it is wise to know the skill level of the firm you are contacting. Have you contacted someone who works out of the basement of their home with limited expertise, or a company that has a number of professionally, trained technicians who are licensed, bonded and insured? Are those technicians background checked and drug tested for your protection? Firms with a greater professional approach usually provide the best results.
3. Is the company known for quality workmanship? The electrical firm should employ certified journeymen electricians. They should have many years of experience working in the industry. These skilled electricians should have the expertise to diagnose and remedy your residential electrical problems in fewer hours resulting in less cost to you. They also complete their projects without any mess or need for cleanup.
4. Does the firm have a successful history of completing projects similar to yours? Like most businesses it is a good idea to ask the company if they have a history of successfully completing jobs similar to the one in question. The electrical firm should have expertise in complex residential projects to working with various business segments. Whether you have an emergency for a single family dwelling or need a high level of expertise for a retail center or industrial project, the firm should be able to provide a listing of projects in line with your needs.
5. Is the electrical company affordably priced? You may need an electrical technician for a severe emergency or for general servicing, but will you be able to afford them? Most established companies will provide you with a quote in advance so there are no surprises. Firms who fail to do so should be avoided. When it comes to electrical services you don’t always get what you pay for. That is why you should search out a company that is known for its responsiveness, professionalism, and has a history of meeting electrical needs similar to yours.